PB & J is a classic favorite and this recipe is a twist on classic flavors. The rolls bake up light and fluffy and the filling is comforting and delicious. Cinnamon Rolls are always a labor of love and these are worth it. And sugar-free!
We feel we need to tell you that the cream cheese peanut butter frosting will be hard to resist a quick spoonful before the baked rolls get frosted. But that's 100% okay because it's 100% sugar free.
Enjoy these delectable baked goodies with the reliable flavors of PB & J, in the morning for breakfast, for an after school snack, or even at midnight when the house is finally quiet.
Ingredients for No Sugar Added, Peanut Butter & Jelly Cinnamon Rolls:
- ¾ cup milk of your choice
- ¼ cup butter (softened)
- 3¼ cup all-purpose or gluten-free flour
- 1 .25 oz. package instant yeast
- ¼ c Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg
Ingredients for the Filling for No Sugar Added Peanut Butter & Jelly Cinnamon Rolls:
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter, natural
- ½ cup Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup fresh, sliced berries or sugar-free jam, any flavor
Ingredients for the Frosting for No Sugar Added Peanut Butter & Jelly Cinnamon Rolls:
- 4 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup peanut butter, any
- ¾ cup Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 to 4 tablespoon heavy cream
Instructions for No Sugar Added, Peanut Butter & Jelly Cinnamon Rolls:
- Heat milk in a saucepan for 2-3 minutes on medium heat until the edges bubble. Remove from heat and then add butter and stir until melted. Let cool 5-10 minutes until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 ¼ cups of the flour, yeast, Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener and salt & mix well. Add the water, egg and milk mixture into the bowl with dry ingredients and beat well by hand until incorporated. Add remaining flour, ½ cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough finally comes fully together, turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Place dough into a bowl that has been well oiled and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place for about 2 hours, until doubled in size. In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, Lakanto Golden Sweetener and cinnamon.
- Roll out dough into a 12×9″ rectangle and spread with the peanut butter mixture, and then the fruit jam. Roll up the dough and use your fingers to seam together and seal. Cut into 12 rolls and place in a greased 9×13″ baking dish. Cover and let rise until doubled, approximately 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°
- Bake 25-28 minutes until slightly golden. Let cool while you make the frosting.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and peanut butter using a stand or electric hand mixer. Add Lakanto Powdered Sweetener in 1 cup at at time and then add 2 tablespoons heavy cream. Beat until completely smooth-1-2 minutes. Add more cream if needed.
- Spread a nice thick layer on your baked and cooled rolls. Makes 12. (so you can share a little)