These Brown Butter Pecan Pie Bars are decadent and sugar free! Deliciously flavored with brown butter, Lakanto Golden Sweetener and sea salt. The addition of Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup adds a delicious flavor and takes the place of corn syrup that’s typically used in pecan pie recipes. The shortbread crust is soft and simple and could be made with 100% almond flour to make it gluten free. (just add a Tablespoon of your favorite Almond Butter) Lots of crunchy and gooey texture in every bite of these bars!
We love pecan pie, but hate the guilt. These Brown Butter Pecan Pie Bars are a solution to your dessert dilemmas. These bars are decadent and sugar free! The addition of Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup adds a delicious flavor and takes the place of corn syrup that’s typically used in pecan pie recipes.
Brown Butter Crust
Pecan Pie Topping
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and grease a 9×13 inch pan or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For the crust: Slice the butter up into pieces and place in a skillet.
- Melt the butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Once melted, the butter will begin to foam. Keep stirring occasionally.
- After 5-8 minutes, the butter will begin browning– you’ll notice lightly browned specks begin to form at the bottom of the pan and it will have a nutty aroma. Once browned, remove from heat immediately and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine all of the crust ingredients including the brown butter.
- Press the mixture evenly into a prepared 9×13 pan.
- Bake the crust. 15 minutes at 325 degrees
Pecan Pie topping
- Combine butter, Lakanto Golden Sweetener, Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup and heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk this mixture and barely bring to a boil.
- Temper the eggs. This isn’t hard!
- As the mixture barely boils, carefully spoon 1/2 cup of the mixture into a glass measuring cup. Slowly drizzle it into the beaten eggs in a separate bowl. Stir frequently to keep it moving so the eggs do not scramble. Once the 1/2 cup mixture is added to the beaten eggs, slowly drizzle and whisk this back into the pot. You did it!
- Add the pecans.
- Spread topping evenly onto the crust. The pecan topping will be syrup-y. No worries! It will thicken as it bakes.
- Bake about 30-35 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out mostly clean. If the top is getting too brown as it bakes, loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- After baking sprinkle some sea salt on top of pecan bars. Cool, cut into squares, and enjoy