Fluffy and tender angel food cake makes a good dessert. Add thick and sweet, sugar-free whipped cream and some fresh berries and you have something delicious. Make it with Lakanto's keto-friendly Monkfruit Sweetener and you have a low-carb dessert that will make the heavens sing.
Ingredients for Keto Angel Food Cake:
- ¼ cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- ¼ cup Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener, sifted
- 1 cup almond flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup egg white protein powder, sifted
- ¼ tsp salt
- 5 large egg whites, room temperature
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions for Keto Angel Food Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 325° Line just the bottom of a small aluminum Angel Food Cake pan or 9” cake pan with parchment paper. (leave the sides free of the paper in order for the cake to “climb”
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the sifted almond flour, sifted egg white protein powder, 1/8 cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener & 1/8 cup sifted Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener and salt.
- In a separate bowl/stand mixer bowl, add egg whites and cream of tartar and beat until frothy. With the mixer running, slowly add the remaining Lakanto Sweeteners and beat until it holds medium peaks.
- Add in vanilla extract and continue to beat until the whites hold stiff peaks. With a rubber or silicone spatula, add in flour mixture a third at a time, folding carefully until well combined, scraping the bottom of the bowl well.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and make the top level with a spatula. Tap the pan a few times to release any air bubbles. Place on middle rack in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating the pan 180° halfway through the baking time. Cake is done when the top is golden and springs back when touched.
- Remove and let cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes. When cool, run a knife around the inside of the pan to loosen the cake. Invert the pan and place on a cake plate. Makes 8 slices.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (PER SERVING, 1/8th of cake)
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Sugar Alcohols: 2g
Net Carbs: 2g
Your LAKANTO team