Tired of waiting for the oven to preheat so you can have cookies? These quick, easy, cookies are ready in just minutes. They taste like Almond Joys, but without any of the sugar and are made from ingredients you probably already have on hand!
Ingredients for Sugar-Free No Bake Cookies
cup butter (salted)
1/2 cup almond milk
1 1/4 cup Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup almond butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
3 1/4 cup shredded coconut
Instructions for No Bake Cookies
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, almond milk, ¾ cup of sweetener and cocoa powder together. Heat until butter is melted and then bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Boil for 1 minute exactly. Have all other ingredients ready to go so once it is done boiling you can move on to the next steps.
4. Turn the heat off the chocolate mixture and add the almond butter, vanilla and salt. Stir to melt almond butter and combine together.
5. Pour the mixture over the coconut flakes adding an additional ½ cup of sweetener.
6. Mix and place mixture in the refrigerator until the butter starts to solidify again. The coconut flakes will have liquid butter around it, but when it’s ready the butter will start to incorporate back into the coconut flakes. This is when it’s ready to be scooped out onto the parchment paper.
7. Scoop coconut mixture onto the parchment paper in heaping 2 Tbsp balls. I used a 1 oz cookie scoop to do this.
8. Top each with one almond.
9. Place baking sheets in the fridge until cookies are firm.
10. Keep stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Monk fruit recipes
Monk fruit sweeteners are an excellent replacement for sugar if you are cutting sugar from your diet. You can enjoy sweet things without the spike in your blood sugar or other negative effects of sugar. Great for people on the keto diet or people with health restrictions, with Lakanto Monkfruit Sweeteners you can make desserts that work for everyone.
What is monk fruit?
Unlike most fruits, whose sweetness comes from fructose, monk fruit’s sweetness comes from natural mogrosides that are up to 300 times sweeter than sugar. Research shows that monk fruit extract does not elevate blood sugar or insulin, making it a great zero-calorie sweetener.
Because monk fruit extract is so sweet we developed our collection of Lakanto Monkfruit Sweeteners, proprietary mixtures of high-quality monk fruit extract and non-GMO erythritol, as convenient one-to-one sugar substitute. Use our Classic Monkfruit Sweetener to make desserts, sweeten your drinks, in sauces, or anywhere else you need a little sweetness.
For more tips on how and when to use Lakanto sweeteners, check out our recipes!