Easy salads that also have a ton of flavor and plant-based fiber are the core of vegetarian and vegan diets. Thus, you need variety to keep you plate feeling fresh! Take a risk with this Three Bean Sweet Vegan Salad.
The variety of beans give the recipe base some dimension. The onion, seasonings, sweetener and oils blend together for a complex dressing that is still neutral enough to fit well into any menu!
Also cool about this recipe: the pantry-staple nature of the ingredient list. When you need a great side dish and you're wanting to use what's already in the pantry, this recipe is there for you. Pin this one to your Lakanto Pinterest board, or follow ours!
Ingredients to make Three Bean Sweet Vegan Salad
1 can red kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 medium or large red onion
1 cup Lakanto Golden Sweetener
2/3 to 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, or avocado oil (depending on how much dressing you like)
Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
Granulated garlic, to taste
1 bunch fresh cilantro, for a garnish (optional)
Note: This recipe is easy to double for larger gatherings or families.
Instructions for making Three Bean Sweet Vegan Salad
- Strain all beans, toss in large bowl together
- Add sweetener and oil, toss lightly to cover
- Dice whole onion, add to mix, and toss lightly again
- Season to taste with pepper and garlic salt
- Add additional oil if you feel your mixture isn’t sufficiently coated - as this mixture melds together in the fridge, the oil picks up the additional flavors and makes a nice dressing
- For best flavor, make ahead 4-6 hours. You’ll also want to take it out and toss/mix once each hour to ensure the oil and seasonings are saturating the beans equally.
- Serve cold, garnishing with fresh cilantro, if desired.
- This recipe will hold in the fridge for 4-5 days. It actually gets better on day 2, so if you can make it ahead, you’ll enjoy it even more the first time!
Nutritional Info for Three Bean Sweet Vegan Salad
This recipe makes 10 servings. Single serving nutritional information is listed below.
Saturated Fat: .34g
Total Carbs: 36.12g
Dietary Fiber: 5.43g
Sugar Alcohols: 19.2
Net Carbs: 11.49g
Hope this guide was useful for you!
Thanks for reading :)
Your LAKANTO team