Ingredients in Keto Strawberry Jam:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced
- 2-3 T water
- 1 tsp chia seeds, ground or 1 tsp Xanthun Gum
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 T Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
Instructions for Keto Strawberry Jam:
- Chop the strawberries and place them in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2-3 T of water to ensure that the strawberries stay whole while they cook down.
- With a lid on, bring to the boil, then turn the heat to medium and cook on a low boil for around 15 minutes. The strawberries will soften and have begun to release their own liquid. At this time mash with a potato masher or other tool that will do the job.
- Continue simmering the strawberries over a low heat for another 30 minutes until it reduces by about half. Stir often. As the liquid evaporates, the bubbles will become smaller. You want a very low bubbling at this point, while stirring more often with a spatula so the strawberries don't burn.
- Cook until desired texture and turn off heat.
- Add the lemon juice and 1-2 T of Lakanto Powdered Monfruit Sweetener and stir well. Taste and add more to desired sweetness. Add in 1 tsp Xanthun Gum or 1-2 T ground chia seeds to thicken.
- Cool fully on counter (to prevent crystallization) & fill sterilized jar. Keeps 2-3 weeks in fridge. Can freeze up to 3 months.